Join Eugenie Sage at the New Brighton Beach Cleanup
Our oceans are the lifeblood of our planet, so we’re joining the Sustainable Coastlines Christchurch Beach Cleanup at New Brighton to celebrate Seaweek 2021.
Come and join Green MP Eugenie Sage and other green-minded volunteers for some hands-on mahi cleaning up our beautiful Ōtautahi Christchurch coastline.
This event is run by Sustainable Coastlines and sponsors, but we’ll be meeting together with Eugenie beforehand. See below for the schedule:
Schedule: Sat 13 March
- 9:45am – Meet at the Green Party gazebo (on the grass south of the Library)
- 10:00am – Welcome and sign-in
- 10:30am – Love your Coast Presentation/ Health and Safety Briefing
- 11:00am – Groups head out to sites to start clean-up
- 12:30pm – Return to New Brighton base
- 12:45pm – Ice-cream & refreshments
- 1:00pm – Waste audit begins
- 1:30pm – Winners announced, event closes
COVID safety: If we are still at Alert Level 2, this event will be limited to 100 people at each cleanup location. Everyone will need to adhere to social distancing, and wearing masks will be encouraged. Signing in on the day will be mandatory for contact tracing purposes, and if you are planning to bring others, please make sure they RSVP too.