We think the Government should be listening to New Zealanders on the most important issue of our time, climate change
We also think the people should be more involved in the people’s House, Parliament.
That’s why we’ve launched #MyClimateQuestion. A chance for you to have your own question about what the Government is doing about climate change asked in Parliament’s Question Time.
For the first time in New Zealand, you can submit your idea for a question and then vote on the top questions.
Submissions have now closed - Vote for your favourite question here.
How it will work?
- Your question is submitted by commenting on our facebook posts about #MyClimateQuestion or tweeting using the hashtag #MyClimateQuestion
- Submissions will close on Monday 27th April at 5pm
- We will then pick the top 10 questions which will work best in Parliament
- On Tuesday 28th April and through to midday on Wednesday 29th April, you can vote for your favourite question.
- Tune in to question time at 2pm on Wednesday 29th to find out which questions got picked.
Tips on submitting your question
- Keep them short and concise
- Make it a question- not a statement, and start with a questions word (what, when, where, how, who, why or which)
- Check out some example questions below to get an idea of how questions can be framed in question time.